Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Farewell

This semester in HOSP 170: Event Sponsorship & Promotion has taught me more than I signed up for. I really feel like it prepared me for my future career. I don't know what I expected to learn in an event marketing class but I guess I thought it would be a bit more dry.

I learned much more than just how to plan and promote and event. I learned more than how event sponsorship worked. I learned more than event marketing jargon.

I experienced a big charity event and learned about their sponsorship. I learned about the event planning business. I put marketing into my own words on my blog. 

Biggest takeaway: creating a brand for myself and my business and not selling myself short. Such an important lesson to learn; I'm glad I got the chance to be in this class and listen to the wisdom of my professor, Nicole Matthews, owner of The Henley Company.

Big ideas for my future in events!

No comments:

Post a Comment