Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tween Day

Ever want to be a kid again? I think we all do at one point or another. Well, as an aspiring event planner, I often imagines events in my head for the younger generation and imagine myself in their shoes. When I was in that lovely pre-teen stage of 10-15, all I wanted was to be cool and have friends. And something tells me nothing has changed.

If I was planning an event for this age group today, here's what I'd do.

What: A festival/carnival promoting smart and healthy choices for pre-teen lives (i.e. abstaining from drugs and alcohol, exercising, getting involved in school and extracurricular activities)

When: A Saturday in September to kick off the new school year

Where: A local community park or event center

Activities: Skate demonstrations, carnival games and prizes, teen-friendly food, inflatable obstacle courses, local teen band performances


Sponsors: teen safety organizations, after school programs, trendy technology, health-conscious fast food, radio stations, teen school supplies

This really makes me want to be 14 again. Never thought I'd say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment